I’ve had a few questions sent to me after the last post about Lensroll.com about some basic things about navigating the site, so I thought I’d post a few things I noticed about Lensroll.com during beta testing.
There are the basic things, like ‘Submit a New Story’ is how you add a lens once you’re logged in, and other things like how to use it for best exposure.
So here they are:
- Make sure you add a Bio picture! Log in and go to www.lensroll.com/profile. There you can upload your image. Make it unique, interesting, and most of all… memorable! As you go through the pages of the site you’ll start noticing the same bio images where the person has submitted more than 1 lens. You’ll start recognising people, liking their lenses, and people will start recognising you. the bio image is important.
- ‘Roll’ other lenses you like, because not only will this help other lenses on lensroll.com, it will also help you because anyone looking at the lens you’ve ‘rolled’ will see a link to a page where you will be linked to. But don’t go wild because nobody will take kindly to lensroll.com spamming and Glen will quickly ban you.
- Post useful, informative, funny, imaginative, quality, GENIUNE comments on other listings you see saying what you liked about it. Be geniune. Not only will you make more friends, but there will be more internal links to your profile page and your lenses. And this will help you and your lensroll.com listings on the search engines.
- When you list your lens on the site, write a description that ISN’T on your lens. Writing words that aren’t on your lens already will help your lens with search engines and will help readers because you are able to give a summary of what they can find at your lens.
- Submit cool lenses you find around the site, even if they’re not yours. If you want you could then even write in the guestbook on the lens telling them you liked it so much you submitted it to lensroll.com. Make more friends, do nice things, and make your lensroll profile page a great place to find brilliant lenses!
If you spam Lensroll, Glen will ban you. This is a site for the best of the best. If you spam it or do anything other than promote quality Squidoo lenses Glen will have no hesitation in banning you from the site.
SquidooCool recommends: AWeber
Pretty much all serious internet marketers have an AWeber account!
Click here for a test-drive
Get a Blog Just Like This One
Everything is set up for you, and you get tons of step-by-step instructions...
...so you never get stuck!
Click here to get Lewis Smile to build a blog for YOU :)